People ask me, why do I blog and where do I get the time to write? Mostly, both the questions are asked together. For the first one, I love to write. (click on the highlighted link to read a detailed post on my long affair with writing). As far as time is concerned, there are 24 hours in a day and even if I exclude, 8 hours of sleep, one would still be left with 16 hours. Excluding two hours for other activities, 14 hours are still in the kitty, which is a LOT of time to do a LOT of things.
In my case, I exclude 11 hours for work, include travelling time. Sometimes, work does get on to me, but 11 hours is a good average in my case. 6-7 hours is the maximum I need to give to my bed. There are times, when I sleep just for 2 or 3 hours too (if I am writing or reading). Also, I try not to contain a thought because if I don't pen it down then and there, it just goes. This happens mostly with my poetry.
There are few things that I follow, which can give answer where do I get the time to write:
This is really all that I do. I am sure these are no 'big secrets' and this is what most of the people running a home would be doing. If you have any more such tip, let me know.
More than anything else, writing is my solace for everything I go through in life. It is a bright thing that gives me hope, specially when you all read what I write. It makes me believe in the goodness and happy things of life, a rarity these days. For these reasons, I will always find ways to write.
HAPPY READING!!
© Written by Garima Mahajan
In my case, I exclude 11 hours for work, include travelling time. Sometimes, work does get on to me, but 11 hours is a good average in my case. 6-7 hours is the maximum I need to give to my bed. There are times, when I sleep just for 2 or 3 hours too (if I am writing or reading). Also, I try not to contain a thought because if I don't pen it down then and there, it just goes. This happens mostly with my poetry.
There are few things that I follow, which can give answer where do I get the time to write:
- NO TELEVISION- Okay, let's modify it to very less television at home. The only thing I watch on TV is music channels and the only time I watch TV is when I am in kitchen or while having food. Rishi watches a lot of news and of course, cricket. So that much television is enough for me to know the happenings of the world.
- NO FIXED ROUTINE- Mine is a taxing job, but it is not a regular 9 to 5 one. So, it gives me decent amount of time to plan things.
- RARE PHONE CALLS- Except for my family, I hardly spend time over the phone. Also, I have learnt the art of multitasking. While I speak over the phone, I also do the dusting or put laundry to washing.
- ORGANISE- I am not a champ in this. But still, I like to organise things so that they do not demand too much time too soon. I would prefer to give 20 minutes to dusting daily rather than 2 hours every third day. Same goes for cooking. If I have to make paranthas, I ensure that dough is ready and so is the masala.
- CONCENTRATION- No matter what you do- writing, managing home, working on a deadline, intense concentration and focus is needed. If I am writing something, it takes a very strong reason for me to get off it before it is finished!
- RISHI, the support system- HE is the reason, strength, support for all my writing. There are times when he sees me writing something, he just hold the fort down completely and give me my space and time. Specially on Sundays, he takes over the kitchen.
This is really all that I do. I am sure these are no 'big secrets' and this is what most of the people running a home would be doing. If you have any more such tip, let me know.
More than anything else, writing is my solace for everything I go through in life. It is a bright thing that gives me hope, specially when you all read what I write. It makes me believe in the goodness and happy things of life, a rarity these days. For these reasons, I will always find ways to write.
HAPPY READING!!
© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:
Post a Comment