Friday, January 20, 2012

Life= Decisions (Right+ Wrong)





How do you get to know if you are making the right decision before making it?


I have been thinking of this question for sometime now, and all I can answer is- 'You never know'.  After all, unless you see the result of the decision you made, you will never know whether it was good or bad. And come to think of it, even then, who is to say?


For example, sometimes, I feel exhausted after a long day at work and do not feel like cooking. If I am alone at home, then cooking just for myself is out of question. I, at that time, depending on my mood, decide what to eat, if to eat. If it is a good decision or not, I really don't know.


With some decisions in my life, I have made a list of pros and cons. Still, it is a risk. And since we do not have an option of peek-a-boo into our future lives, there is always a risk in any decision we take.  


In retrospection, we get to know if we have made a good decision or not. Having said that, sometimes a supposed bad decision can teach us a lot. Or alternatively, a bad decision can lead us somewhere else. Through a bad decision, we get to meet people (wrong people), who might help us later. They help us grow and obtain useful, practical qualities.


It is scary, I know.


Only time will tell whether the decision taken was worthwhile or not.


Until then, we all have to live.


And as for now, I am back to cooking because I have decided I will not order food from outside like last night!

© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment