Sunday, January 1, 2012

As 2012 begins

1 January, 2012. There is something fresh about the new year and it is not this new year I am talking about. I have always felt a childish optimism, year after year, every first of January. Whatever 'new start' you want to give to your life, can be done any day of the year. Still there is some excitement, anticipation and happiness associated with first January. May be that is why, even the facebook homepage is loaded with all kinds of positive messages. 


As December passes and January rolls in, everybody start making plans and resolutions for next year. Like everyone, I too have made some. But unlike the popular perception- 'Resolutions are meant to be broken', mine will not be. So while I welcome the new year, I promise, a true promise, that in 2012:



  • I will have 208 days of yoga for me (boils down to 4 days a week).
  • Coffee intake will be restrained (just 2-3 cups a day).
  • I will steer my life (gently), prod it (softly), look for answers (without being demanding) and will ensure that it should turn out to be the best in the end.
  • I will be more accepting to changes. 



Here is wishing good luck to myself and to all of you for achieving your goals. And yes, I shall be true and honest in updating the status of these resolutions too :)


Like I promised, my present mood song is here







© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment