Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Perfection

I just came across an article on Mr. Perfect. Alright, I might be in a lovey-dovey mood but let's  be practical here. Claiming that there is no Mr. Perfect, just makes the writer of this article not just imperfect but also insensitive. Do you know anyone who is perfect here- forget the gender, as a person, anyone who does not have a flaw? 


I am a complete feminist. I hate when people doubt a woman's capability to do something that is not expected  from the fairer sex. But stuff like these that doubt the characteristics of an individual is equally frustrating. It is okay to read this article as fun element, but the reasons why there is no Mr. Perfect given here are frivolous. The top 20 imperfections in men given in the article are:


1. Not getting on with her family
2. Using her toothbrush
3. Leaving the toilet dirty
4. Hating her friends
5. Not being good with children
6. Being lazy
7. Having a big bushy beard that you never shave
8. Leaving nail clippings out
9. Driving like a boy racer
10. Being a grumpy
11. Being a mummy's boy
12. Using the toilet with the door open
13. Leaving dirty washing on the floor
14. Unkempt facial hair
15. Criticising her driving
16. Burping or farting
17. Not liking dogs
18. Not helping with washing up
19. Watching too much sport
20. Not helping with cooking


Okay, now anyone you know, regardless of the gender, who does not have even one of these so called imperfections? The funniest ones are being a mummy's boy, being lazy and not getting on with her family.

It is perfectly alright if you want your child to be a total Mumma's baby, even when he grows up, but it is tough to see your man like that!
Laziness is a trait that has nothing to do with gender. 

Getting on with other's family is again not gender based. In fact, most of the women I know find it hard to adjust to the guy's family.  


But then, I guess we all have our share of imperfections. Can you imagine relating yourself to a perfect person, with your share of imperfections? We adapt to certain imperfections and find beauty in that too- love can indeed do wonders. Just like, Rishi had adjusted to my constant nagging of keeping the things tidy. And I have adjusted to his 'having a cup of tea' reasons. May be it is my positivity that I call these imperfections adjustments. In any case, I find 'imperfections' the spice of life, ruled by daily routine mundane activities.


To me, my best is not perfect, but diverse, uniquely beautiful. It is so worthy of every good thing. Knowing that I can't be perfect, frees me to just be. 


© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment