Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Thursday Challenge Part 3

Gosh!!!! This Thursday Challenge is quite a thing. Quite a hard thing, I guess. No matter how many other commitments I have or how busy I am, I still have to sit down and disclose a surprising fact about me before Thursday is over. But guess what, I am enjoying every bit of this :)

So, here it is. This time, it is not a secret skill that I don't know or a secret happiness that I get. It is a secret wish that I carry in my heart!

As kids, remember when there was a power cut in house, we slept in open, sometimes in terrace, sometimes in verandas. I never liked those times. It used to be hot, humid and yes, there were evil mosquitoes that suck my blood. I had no romanticism with moon, stars or sky, specially when I had to get up early next morning. There were stories associated with shooting stars, that I never believed. You see I was very rational and practical as a child!

My secret wish is to sleep under the stars, again. The thought is so beautiful, so unbeatable. I want to see the stars again in the dark night.

I still have to get up early and have to do a million things in morning. Even then I want to see the beautiful moon-lit sky with millions of stars and sleeping under them is a vivid dream that I soon want to fulfil! May be because in Delhi, thanks to the multi-storey apartment culture, we can not see the clear sky, and hence not even the stars. But someday, I do want to see the stars and sleep under them.

God has been more or less kind to me. Few things that I am greedy of will be asked on seeing the shooting star (such greed!).

 


© Written by Garima Mahajan

3 comments:

  1. With the kind of pollution that has beseiged city life, you can get the 'Starry' respite only at a place where the pollution, dust, grime, smoke has not stripped the sky of it's starry nights. Mayhap...On your next trip to Naukuchiyatal/ Bhimtal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NDTV ki terrace pe manja bicha le ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shuchi: Ever since this post was written, I have been getting suggestions for visiting places where I can see clear star studded sky :)) Will take your suggestion too into account. Thanks!
    Aditya Gaurav: Thanks but no thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete