Saturday, December 3, 2011

Friends Forever

There is something about winters. They get me into philosophical mood.

I read somewhere there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies. I somehow think friends ARE permanent. I can agree on the enemy bit, but friends are permanent.

But then I have seen with time even good friends drift apart for various reasons. There are times when your friend get along with their lives and after a while you got along yours. There are times, when your spouses don't like your friends and you leave your friends (Sounds strange, I know. But believe me, I have seen best friendships going sour because of that). Then there are times, you change and outgrew that friendship.

As we grow old, we become very choosy about whom to let in our lives. This is so unlike teenage times, when we didn't think much before befriending with someone. But with age, we see time running out, we get picky about our preferences. Perhaps, as we learn from our lives, we get confident of where we want to go and whom we want to spend time with.


I am just thinking of my friends who have stayed on with me, despite EVERYTHING. I am thankful to them.

Secretly, I still feel and wish some things never change. Some people are indeed permanent in our lives. Some friendships do last forever. At least in our wishes. At least in our hearts!

© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment