As a kid, I was not too much into reading. I guess, school books ate all my time and energy, though my mother always encouraged me to reading non textbooks. I remember my first stint with reading began with Reader's Digest which I still continue to read once in a while. And the fiction series started with The Famous Five, which later went to The Secret Seven. The detective vein in me landed to Nancy Drew and advanced to Agatha Christie.
I remember one of my friends gifted me The Other Side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon. This was my first spell with a typical romantic fiction. Then ofcourse, there was a Mills and Boons stage too! Somewhere in between, I lost touch with my books.
But somehow in the mundane activities, struggling aspirations, complicated relations, I found my love for reading back. I have realised that for me reading is therapeutic. Reading is not just gaining of knowledge, but gaining sanity too. I have seen people walking away when they feel like, without adding any value to life- unlike books. I wish I can snuggle my books and thank them for the peace and patience they have brought back in my life (I am speaking truly out of experience here).
I am reading The Time Traveller's Wife and I too had a love story right now. Both are completely different from each other- in terms of narration, language and presentation. But as of now, enjoying both. The other two- A life of the BUDDHA and The Astrological Diary of God are next on my menu.
© Written by Garima Mahajan
I remember one of my friends gifted me The Other Side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon. This was my first spell with a typical romantic fiction. Then ofcourse, there was a Mills and Boons stage too! Somewhere in between, I lost touch with my books.
But somehow in the mundane activities, struggling aspirations, complicated relations, I found my love for reading back. I have realised that for me reading is therapeutic. Reading is not just gaining of knowledge, but gaining sanity too. I have seen people walking away when they feel like, without adding any value to life- unlike books. I wish I can snuggle my books and thank them for the peace and patience they have brought back in my life (I am speaking truly out of experience here).
I am reading The Time Traveller's Wife and I too had a love story right now. Both are completely different from each other- in terms of narration, language and presentation. But as of now, enjoying both. The other two- A life of the BUDDHA and The Astrological Diary of God are next on my menu.
© Written by Garima Mahajan
No comments:
Post a Comment