So many times you try a lot to forget mishappenings of life and move on, but it just does not happen. You try your best to resolve a problem, but things (in some cases, people) just refuse to change. It is the same vicious cycle over and over again.
In such times, all you need to do is to imagine a box, a big box. You have to imagine your feelings like a pile of papers. Now put your feelings (pile of paper) in that box and put it aside. Sounds strange, but try it. It does work.
Now that the box is away, immediately put your mind in something positive or creative. Fix the things that you wanted to since a long time. Give time to yourself. If your mind start wondering about the box, tell yourself- the box is still safe. Do not get affected by the contents of the box.
After say a month, open that box. You will notice that half the content of the box (symbolically your problems) have vanished.
Sometimes, it really is the only way. I have tried it myself. Yes, it did work for me (for most of the times!)
© Written by Garima Mahajan
Addendum: I read this poem today, thought of sharing it. It goes with my current mood
Heart we will forget him,
You and I, tonight!
You must forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.
When you have done pray tell me,
Then I, my thoughts will dim.
Haste! 'lest while you're lagging
I may remember him!
- Emily Dickinson
In such times, all you need to do is to imagine a box, a big box. You have to imagine your feelings like a pile of papers. Now put your feelings (pile of paper) in that box and put it aside. Sounds strange, but try it. It does work.
Now that the box is away, immediately put your mind in something positive or creative. Fix the things that you wanted to since a long time. Give time to yourself. If your mind start wondering about the box, tell yourself- the box is still safe. Do not get affected by the contents of the box.
After say a month, open that box. You will notice that half the content of the box (symbolically your problems) have vanished.
Sometimes, it really is the only way. I have tried it myself. Yes, it did work for me (for most of the times!)
© Written by Garima Mahajan
Addendum: I read this poem today, thought of sharing it. It goes with my current mood
Heart we will forget him,
You and I, tonight!
You must forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.
When you have done pray tell me,
Then I, my thoughts will dim.
Haste! 'lest while you're lagging
I may remember him!
- Emily Dickinson

No comments:
Post a Comment