In the initial years of our marriage, it was hard to live a life where one spouse leave early morning and by the time, she comes back, the other one has left. 24*7 media jobs have no certainity of getting leave on festivals like Diwali, Holi (how about birthdays, anniversaries!?!!). With time, both Rishi and I have realised and accepted this reality. We have started valuing each other more and now it is not about the quantity of time, but the quality of time that we spend. Sounds cliche, I know. But no matter how easy it sounds, it is not very easy to live like this!
Between all this running around, household chores, crazy office schedules, I do manage to squeeze in little time for myself. I call it- MY TIME WITH MYSELF. I think everyone needs a personal space of their own. A positive, happy time or an introspective refuge time with yourself.
What do I do in My Time With Myself?
I read a lot. Books are my refuge. I have started reading online stuff too, specially blogs. Writing is something that gives solace to me. Writing takes a lot of time. So when the day is over and I ask myself where did they day go, I have my writings as my answer :)
And the best time of the day is when the wind chime rings and Rishi comes back home (he never rings door bell. It's always the windchime for him. He thinks it is his good luck. Secretly, I think the same!). I do love my own time, but nothing can replace the happiness that husband's coming back home hug gives :)
No matter how busy you are with life, some personal time is always needed, where you can escape to and detoxify yourself, when life gets on to you. No interference from spouse, friends, office, kids. No one really.
© Written by Garima Mahajan
Between all this running around, household chores, crazy office schedules, I do manage to squeeze in little time for myself. I call it- MY TIME WITH MYSELF. I think everyone needs a personal space of their own. A positive, happy time or an introspective refuge time with yourself.
What do I do in My Time With Myself?
I read a lot. Books are my refuge. I have started reading online stuff too, specially blogs. Writing is something that gives solace to me. Writing takes a lot of time. So when the day is over and I ask myself where did they day go, I have my writings as my answer :)
And the best time of the day is when the wind chime rings and Rishi comes back home (he never rings door bell. It's always the windchime for him. He thinks it is his good luck. Secretly, I think the same!). I do love my own time, but nothing can replace the happiness that husband's coming back home hug gives :)
No matter how busy you are with life, some personal time is always needed, where you can escape to and detoxify yourself, when life gets on to you. No interference from spouse, friends, office, kids. No one really.
© Written by Garima Mahajan
No comments:
Post a Comment