Monday, November 28, 2011

ADVICE- WHO NEEDS IT ANYWAY?

Is it possible to be happy all the time? Is it possible that you never feel hurt, angry, frustated, annoyed, upset, resentful, specially when things don't go the way you plan? How do you manage to smile and be 'positive'? How do you not crib and accept things and move on?

People do ask me these questions, specially when they read my posts on positivity and hope.

To all of them, and also to those who are going through such dilemma: I too feel dark emotions. Ofcourse, I have my share of sadness..sadness that you can't decipher. I had friends who for their own selfish reasons left me when I needed them the most, people have been nasty and mean to me and I have been heart broken too! And I am neither the smiling Mc Donalds' clown nor the Laughing Buddha, that I always keep smiling!

It is indeed natural and okay to feel down when life acts funny with you. It is indeed alright to take time to recover from the blow.

But there are some people who call my posts insincere. That is disturbing. I never pretend to be what I am not and my Honesty is something I am very proud of.

The fact is, it is we (it applies to all of us) who project our expectations on to people. Then we feel hurt and disappointed that they did not match it up. We tend to forget that they are surely entitled to their own feelings of joy, happiness, anguish or anything else. They are also entitled to express it in any form as long as it is not harmful to you. It aptly applies to my blog.

I believe that negativity and unsolicited advice is one of the biggest killer of your time and energy. It is just useless and it gets you down too. If you are a giver of such advice, I guess you should introspect as to why giving that advice makes you feel better. If you are a taker of such advice, just brush it off and move on. It is not worth your time (not even thinking about it) .

So do the things that you want to do, no matter what others say or do, no matter however close they are to you. They can never be you. Nor are they ever going to live your life. It is you who knows what makes you happy. Whatever you think is right, is indeed right.

Life is too precious. Do not waste it on unsolicited advice and unwanted people!

© Written by Garima Mahajan

4 comments:

  1. venting your annoyance by writing is a great way of letting off steam. I am sure that writing helps you stay happy, and that must be a great feeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salman: Writing is solace to me. The feeling can't be described :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well said garima but u really hav to b courageous to pratice it.njoy reading ur blogs.

    ReplyDelete