Life is indeed made up of moments. Some pass as insignificant, infact unnoticed but silently contribute to our lifespan. Then there are some that cause deep pain, hurt and anguish. There are also moments which are worth re-living over and over.
Sometimes it takes only a moment to let a mindless thought come into existence. You said it in anger, frustation. You were irritated when you said it, and you did not mean it at all. Still, you deeply hurt the person to whom you said these words. What you uttered has done enough damage. It takes only a moment to aplogize, but it can take a lifetime to forget. Sometimes, even a lifetime is not enough.
Sometimes, it takes only a moment to say something nice. You might say it spontaneously. You might have meant it at that moment, but then forgotten about it. The recipient of your words will remember it for a long time. Because kindness is rare to find in the times we live, so usually it is not forgotten.
We all have our share of joy and sadness. I too had my moments of hurt and joy. The latter one always bring maddening laughter when I think of them. The former, I am just not able to forget. I am able to forgive people who have hurt me, just can not forget them. I have written earlier about why is it difficult to forget. Click here to read
Life is all about moments. I believe in the goodness of life. It is like karma. Whatever you do, comes back. Your goodness comes back and so does your negativity. The happiness of your life is directly proportionate to the happy moments you give to your loved ones. If this happens with me, it is a life well lived and when it is my time to go, I would have no regrets, saying my good-byes.
I am sharing a poem with you. It summarizes the code of happiness
Sometimes it takes only a moment to let a mindless thought come into existence. You said it in anger, frustation. You were irritated when you said it, and you did not mean it at all. Still, you deeply hurt the person to whom you said these words. What you uttered has done enough damage. It takes only a moment to aplogize, but it can take a lifetime to forget. Sometimes, even a lifetime is not enough.
Sometimes, it takes only a moment to say something nice. You might say it spontaneously. You might have meant it at that moment, but then forgotten about it. The recipient of your words will remember it for a long time. Because kindness is rare to find in the times we live, so usually it is not forgotten.
We all have our share of joy and sadness. I too had my moments of hurt and joy. The latter one always bring maddening laughter when I think of them. The former, I am just not able to forget. I am able to forgive people who have hurt me, just can not forget them. I have written earlier about why is it difficult to forget. Click here to read
Life is all about moments. I believe in the goodness of life. It is like karma. Whatever you do, comes back. Your goodness comes back and so does your negativity. The happiness of your life is directly proportionate to the happy moments you give to your loved ones. If this happens with me, it is a life well lived and when it is my time to go, I would have no regrets, saying my good-byes.
I am sharing a poem with you. It summarizes the code of happiness
To Have Succeeded
To laugh often and love much:
To win respect of intelligent people
And the affection of children;
To earn the approbation of honest critics
And endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To give one's self;
To leave the world a little better,
Whether by a healthy child,
A garden patch,
Or redeemed social condition;
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
And sung with exultation;
To know even one life has breathed easier
Because you have lived...
This is to have succeeded.
To win respect of intelligent people
And the affection of children;
To earn the approbation of honest critics
And endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To give one's self;
To leave the world a little better,
Whether by a healthy child,
A garden patch,
Or redeemed social condition;
To have played and laughed with enthusiasm
And sung with exultation;
To know even one life has breathed easier
Because you have lived...
This is to have succeeded.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:
Post a Comment