Here comes another Thursday and here comes Thursday Challenge Part 2. I was so excited about it and was up till late last night (despite the fact that I had to reach office early, and by early I mean 5 AM!) thinking which secret should I share this time. Although there is a lot that I can write about, but to pick one was the hard task.
Phew, here it is.
All my family members and friends know I don't know how to drape a saree and how much I dread wearing one on certain occasions. Not that it has got anything to do with marriage, (considering these days, even unmarried girls know how to drape one) my mother keeps telling me I should know how to drape it myself. Whenever there is an occasion where there is no escapism to saree- wearing, my mind start wondering whose help I need this time- mother, mother-in-law, cousins, friends or beauty parlour!
But that is NOT the secret. The secret is, no matter how much I detest wearing a saree or learning how to drape it, I still love to see myself in a saree. And I know, I am blushing while I write this ;)
One of the biggest reasons, I like to see myself in a saree is because I have got the best compliments when I wear one. It is a typical case of 'Oh, It is such a pain draping a saree, but hey thanks for saying that I am looking good'. The best one came from Rishi. He told me once, you look good in whatever you wear but love the way you carry yourself in a saree, despite being uncomfortable in it.
Posting a recent picture of me in saree (wink!)
Just a thought- I got my resolution for 2012. I will learn how to drape a saree :):)
© Written by Garima Mahajan
Phew, here it is.
All my family members and friends know I don't know how to drape a saree and how much I dread wearing one on certain occasions. Not that it has got anything to do with marriage, (considering these days, even unmarried girls know how to drape one) my mother keeps telling me I should know how to drape it myself. Whenever there is an occasion where there is no escapism to saree- wearing, my mind start wondering whose help I need this time- mother, mother-in-law, cousins, friends or beauty parlour!
But that is NOT the secret. The secret is, no matter how much I detest wearing a saree or learning how to drape it, I still love to see myself in a saree. And I know, I am blushing while I write this ;)
One of the biggest reasons, I like to see myself in a saree is because I have got the best compliments when I wear one. It is a typical case of 'Oh, It is such a pain draping a saree, but hey thanks for saying that I am looking good'. The best one came from Rishi. He told me once, you look good in whatever you wear but love the way you carry yourself in a saree, despite being uncomfortable in it.
Posting a recent picture of me in saree (wink!)
Just a thought- I got my resolution for 2012. I will learn how to drape a saree :):)
© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:
Post a Comment