Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Prickers

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that there are some people who get happiness, may be satisfaction by putting others down. It gives them a certain sadistic pleasure and a strange sense of superiority complex. This is because they suffer from a syndrome- 'inadequate syndrome'. By any means, this complex term does not make their actions justifiable or condanable.

I call these people 'Prickers'.

Very smartly and cleverly they disguise their actions and makes you wonder what they said or did was in good humour. If you ever talk about it to them, they will brush it off, saying it was not meant to hurt you and that you are over- reacting.

I have had people who uninvitedly talk about personal topics and then will for sure say something which is touchy. These 'prickers' more often than not discourage when you do something new, calling it 'ohh that...' It happens with all of us and it does make you feel, well- pricked!

The truth is that it leaves me feel a little unhappy, little less than I was. Even if the remarks are well- meant, still they are not needed, for what they made me feel. Thank you, but seriously not needed. I would seriously not have these well meant remarks. I mind my own business and hope for the sanity of this world, these prickers also mind theirs'. Till then I am coating myself with an anti- deflatory self!

© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment