Sunday, November 20, 2011

Things You CAN'T Change

I read these lines sometime back. I liked it so much that it was my facebook status sometime back-





God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.


There are certain things you desperately want to remain forever. There are moments when you really want to say Statue to time, hoping things and people remain just the way they are.

Over years, I have accepted few harsh realities of life. This acceptance was not easy, but for sure have made me a happier person. I do have my moments of angst, but have understood the ferris wheel of life. Few things that I have accepted are-


  • Just because something is important to you, does not mean it is important for others. They sometimes, fail to understand why is it so important to you.
  • No matter how much you plan, your best laid plans can fail. It does not mean you were not good enough. Sometimes, there are no reasons to life's occurings.
  • Friendships do break. Even the ones that you thought would last for a lifetime. 
  • It's a me-me world. A person's minor sneeze can be more important than your heart-ache.
  • People can stop talking to you without any reason. None from your perspective whichever way.
  • Sometimes, people do not reply to your mails or do not answer your calls, not because they did not get the mails or were busy. It is because they no longer want you in their lives. 
  • Just because you do not want to get into unnecessary arguments, it is not the same for everybody. Some people just argue and fight because they want to. 
These by no means, mean you give up easily and accept whatever life throws you. In my next post, I will write about why is it important to fight till the end (but only for things that are totally worth for!)

© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment