Almost all of us, at some point or the other have lied- to ourselves or to people around us. I have seen many a times I have white- lied to myself. But for some reason, that lie comes back in a negative form (karma, I guess) to me. I am happier when I face the truth and am able to take action on what I can act upon.
Some people will not tolerate such emotional honesty, in communication or in relationships. They would rather defend their disloyalty and dishonesty on the grounds that it might hurt others. Thus, having rationalised their phoniness into nobility, they settle for relationships which are superficial.
But why do people lie in relationships?
Is it not like making a fool of themselves?
The cruel answer is that it is the easy way out. Most of us want the path of least resistance. We want everything to come to us, without making any effort on our end. To put it straight, we are lazy. To utter the words of truth, it need courage. If we just sit and take the easy way, it would be unfair.
Another reason we lie is Fear. We are scared of change. We are scared of failure. We are scared of rejection. We are also scared of the unknown. Till the time we are not brave enough to face the reality, we shall keep lying.
But, having said that, I must also say this- if you are happy lying and being dishonest- who am I to object?!!?
To each their own!!
Whatever works for you :) If you are happy, may it stay that way. If not, may be it is time to think!
© Written by Garima Mahajan
Some people will not tolerate such emotional honesty, in communication or in relationships. They would rather defend their disloyalty and dishonesty on the grounds that it might hurt others. Thus, having rationalised their phoniness into nobility, they settle for relationships which are superficial.
But why do people lie in relationships?
Is it not like making a fool of themselves?
The cruel answer is that it is the easy way out. Most of us want the path of least resistance. We want everything to come to us, without making any effort on our end. To put it straight, we are lazy. To utter the words of truth, it need courage. If we just sit and take the easy way, it would be unfair.
Another reason we lie is Fear. We are scared of change. We are scared of failure. We are scared of rejection. We are also scared of the unknown. Till the time we are not brave enough to face the reality, we shall keep lying.
But, having said that, I must also say this- if you are happy lying and being dishonest- who am I to object?!!?
To each their own!!
Whatever works for you :) If you are happy, may it stay that way. If not, may be it is time to think!
© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:
Post a Comment