This year's Bhai Dooj was very special. One, because my brother had come from Bangalore and two, it was my cousin's first Diwali and Bhai Dooj after marriage. His parents, one of the most lovable people I have known had planned a hawan on Bhai Dooj.
The Pandit Ji (I fondly call him Shastri Uncle) is an old family friend whose daughter, Priyanka was my life's first friend. I have always been fond of Shastri Uncle's teachings, specially the way he conducts the hawan, explaining each action that we perform. A very interesting thing he said was- whatever you have; give it, donate it. It doesn't matter if it is good or bad. What matters is that you donate it. This is because, if you give positivity, it will come back to you in some form or the other.
And by any chance, if you are negative by nature, give your negativity only. At least you will get rid of one unwanted thing from your life. Like for example if you think bad for someone, it is because bad is all that you have in mind.
Apologies for being blunt and rude but it is very simple. We all claim to be nice, positive and giving people by nature. But the litmus test of our nature is knowing what we give to people. We can give only that thing which we have- either positivity or negativity.
Sometimes, life's events in a very simple way teaches us a lot. A small hawan taught me WHAT I GIVE IS WHAT I HAVE.
© Written by Garima Mahajan
The Pandit Ji (I fondly call him Shastri Uncle) is an old family friend whose daughter, Priyanka was my life's first friend. I have always been fond of Shastri Uncle's teachings, specially the way he conducts the hawan, explaining each action that we perform. A very interesting thing he said was- whatever you have; give it, donate it. It doesn't matter if it is good or bad. What matters is that you donate it. This is because, if you give positivity, it will come back to you in some form or the other.
And by any chance, if you are negative by nature, give your negativity only. At least you will get rid of one unwanted thing from your life. Like for example if you think bad for someone, it is because bad is all that you have in mind.
Apologies for being blunt and rude but it is very simple. We all claim to be nice, positive and giving people by nature. But the litmus test of our nature is knowing what we give to people. We can give only that thing which we have- either positivity or negativity.
Sometimes, life's events in a very simple way teaches us a lot. A small hawan taught me WHAT I GIVE IS WHAT I HAVE.
© Written by Garima Mahajan

completely inspiring...great way to get rid of all negativity that is there in us....
ReplyDeleteYa very true must admit your blogs are interesting and close to real life in many senses
ReplyDelete@Nitesh: Thanks for the appreciation. Means a lot :)
ReplyDelete@Rishi: :)