Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Here is to life!

People say 'forgive and forget'. I somehow do not agree. I think forgiving and forgetting are so intricately connected. They are almost inseparable. I can forgive people who have hurt me, for my heart says its human to make mistakes. No point holding the grudges. But how can anyone forget the hurt. I can understand time is a big healer and after a while, even the pain goes.
Still you are aware how the pain felt at that time. The hurt is so much, it is almost physical. You thought you buried it. But it still resides somewhere. You can not forget the hurt and the numbness your heart and mind went through. It truly is difficult to move on. But that is the beauty of life that when you get comfortable with life, it gives you its best or may be in some cases, worst surprises.
With my experience, I can say with conviction that we make mistakes. We are here to make mistakes and learn from them. We are learning from life's lessons, no matter how hard it seems at that time.
Forgive those who have hurt you. It seems tough. But that by itself is also a lesson that life teaches you, may be the greatest lesson.
Move on..for that is also a lesson, if you think deeply.
Be nice to people who matter and also to those who don't.
Appreciate the good things that happen, for everything that happen, happens for a reason (we don't understand the reason, sometimes)
Smile a lot, even if it calls for an effort initially. With time, the smile will come effortlessly.
Most importantly, do not stop LIVING and LOVING. We live only once. LIVE..LOVE!

© Written by Garima Mahajan


No comments:

Post a Comment