It's that time of the year again. Diwali is just two days away. Shopping, preparations, gifts, decorations all are sneaking in my already packed schedule. But what takes away the cake is the cleaning of the house. Since childhood, we have been told to clean our houses during Diwali. If we won't do it then Goddess Lakshmi won't come to our house.
For a cleanliness maniac like me, this logic is absurd. It is like you keep your house untidy for 364 day and on that one day, which happens to be Diwali, your house is neat and clean. I wonder, will Goddess Lakshmi won't get confused seeing your clean house considering she has been seeing the untidy house for the past one year?
Anyways, like all dutiful, God fearing people, Rishi and me started on house cleaning mission. When the maid came in the morning, she was asked to come in the afternoon as we had to clean the house for Diwali. She gave a smile which said, 'Yeah..I know. Everyone has been doing the same!'
The cleanliness drive began at 9 AM after the morning tea session. I clean my house daily, but little did I know that the Diwali dusting will bring surprises in the form of dust and dust allergy. We survived the hunger pangs, dirt on our faces, irritation and few fights also. Finally after four hours of marathon cleaning, we were done with the cleaning business.
And now our house is shining like a brand new jewellery ;) All that is left now is decorations, but that can wait till evening which will be followed by shopping and gifting. (I just love the festival season)
Now I guess, we are ready to welcome Goddess Lakshmi in our house :) When I look around and see the clean house, very greedily I wish her blessings are proportionate to the cleanliness in the house. Sometimes, your efforts defy your own logics (You know what I mean when I say this).
© Written by Garima Mahajan
For a cleanliness maniac like me, this logic is absurd. It is like you keep your house untidy for 364 day and on that one day, which happens to be Diwali, your house is neat and clean. I wonder, will Goddess Lakshmi won't get confused seeing your clean house considering she has been seeing the untidy house for the past one year?
Anyways, like all dutiful, God fearing people, Rishi and me started on house cleaning mission. When the maid came in the morning, she was asked to come in the afternoon as we had to clean the house for Diwali. She gave a smile which said, 'Yeah..I know. Everyone has been doing the same!'
The cleanliness drive began at 9 AM after the morning tea session. I clean my house daily, but little did I know that the Diwali dusting will bring surprises in the form of dust and dust allergy. We survived the hunger pangs, dirt on our faces, irritation and few fights also. Finally after four hours of marathon cleaning, we were done with the cleaning business.
And now our house is shining like a brand new jewellery ;) All that is left now is decorations, but that can wait till evening which will be followed by shopping and gifting. (I just love the festival season)
Now I guess, we are ready to welcome Goddess Lakshmi in our house :) When I look around and see the clean house, very greedily I wish her blessings are proportionate to the cleanliness in the house. Sometimes, your efforts defy your own logics (You know what I mean when I say this).
© Written by Garima Mahajan
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehmmmm.after this diwali cleaning drive, I thank God that Diwali comes only once an year.. Had it been coming twice like Navratras, am sure would have hired a 'Diwali Cleaner' by now... :)
ReplyDeletewell same here also 3 days of cleaning with lot of dust and irritation still suffering with it and lot of lost stuff is also found.
ReplyDelete