Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Transparent or Translucent- Take your pick!

When it comes to facial expressions and feelings...I am absolutely transparent.

But this is something, I am not particularly fond of.

If I dislike somebody, I find it tough to be sweet to them. Yeah, I am sensible and civilized enough to behave well with them. But one can tell easily if I don't like a person. My smile won't reach my eyes. The communication would be there but the distance would be maintained, probably through my non- verbal communication.

People who know me well can tell if I am angry, sad, worried. People who do not know me well enough, also have an idea if something is wrong. There are all kinds of people you get to deal with in life and sometimes, it becomes very hard to pretend or even smile with people you dislike, specially narcissists and manipulative people. There are times when I feel my absolute feelings were not totally written on my face for the whole world to see!

Many times it create problems with friends. No matter how genuine my intentions are, sometimes being open and assertive about my expressions, has given me catastrophic reactions. On the other hand, or on the brighter side, people do treat me genuine and value me for being true.

Though, I wonder, what is it that makes some people so open about what they feel and yet others so good at hiding their emotions? Is it a trait that is inherited? Or can it be cultivated and learnt?

I guess, to each his own. Who am I to judge a person by the way he/ she reacts? There could be more than what meets the eye, after all.

And like what I have always believed, if you are happy, may it stay that way. If you are not, may be it is time to think!

© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment