Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lesson Learnt (The Hard Way)

Let me start by apologizing for not writing for some time. I was very unwell and was advised a week's bed rest. In fact, I am supposed to be resting even this time, but some love can not be kept in boundation even in sickness. Such is my love for writing!

So many times, we take ourselves and our presence so lightly and let the frivolous issues silently kill us. In this period of sickness, I learnt that the most trivial issues occupy the maximum space in our minds. I allowed non worthy people and issue reside in my mind, thereby neglecting what is most precious to me and my loved ones- my own health. And as expected, when the tough time came, the trivial people made the obvious exit.

I do not blame people for not being around when the need arose, I just am surprised at my own optimism. When you have to choose between your heart and mind, choose wisely. Sometimes, all rationals point towards the mind, but you act otherwise. It is only when you see the scare in the eyes of your loved ones, you realise you probably gave away so much that you have nothing left for yourself now!

I still can not get over the trauma that my loved ones went through, because, unknowingly, I allowed silent, frivolous, trivial, shallow thoughts eat me from inside.

But it's never too late to start again. I start from today.

Thank You to those who were around. You ensured that nothing else mattered.

Thank You to those who were not around. You ensured you don't matter, anyway.


Live wisely. You really have only one life to live.






© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment