Sunday, February 5, 2012

Guest Post by Divas


Friendships come in all stages of life. Many people say the best of friends are made during childhood. I somehow don't agree because I guess, any relationship is not dependent on age or time. But strangely, the best of my friends are actually my childhood friends.

Divas, is one such childhood friend. I asked him to write a guest post for the blog. He kindly obliged after taking a long time. But let me not blame him, he is a busy man, after all!




Friendship beyond and around time frame. 


Many times I have seen elite people writing for TOI. But never knew that I would be writing something for somebody else's blog. So here it goes for Garima, a friend with whom the friendship was never dependent on time frame.


We spent few months in school as friends and after that she left the school and then there was a long gap of not being in touch. During these years we hardly contacted each other, except for two days in an year- our respective birthdays! Still I feel that she is the same girl I have seen in my school days- sweet , innocent , simple and non-complex . Well when I say non-complex I mean, God has sent a default piece among girls on earth because I have always seen girls with all complexities. And yes, she has added a new member in our our group who is more simple and more non-complex: Her
husband RISHI. 


This post is based on the premise that is friendship really dependent upon the time and does distance bring people away and/or close to the each other. Also is it necessary that we should be in touch daily to show that we are good friends. 


Some relations are meant to be continued, despite time and communication gap. There is some force that drives the friendship ahead even though you have not talked for years but when you meet, you feel the positive energy.


I am 28 now, may be life has many more instances ahead for me to experience that will influence my thought process, but till date what I have understood is that in our lifespan we meet many people and among those many people, some become your friends, you lose touch with few of them but you make every effort to know their well-
being and they remain in your thoughts always no matter how many times you meet.


Well when I look back in my life let me start with a fact that there is friend with whom I do not know when we actually become friends. With all these years have passed we
become more matured in our friendship. Of course there has to be a common platform that brings you together and that was our parents friendship. No matter we had common society and that become a catalyst to the relationship. There were differences of our own and there was time when friendship was almost broken but yet again it started and it started with matured thought process. Such things happen when you shedding your ego aside and accept the person with his or her core nature.


Further to this let me share one more unusual friendship of mine. This guy is a family friend, a family friendship that is coming from last 3 generations. We were hardly too young to understand each other and our fathers got transferred to different places. Yet when ever in our school days we need to draft the letters” letter to your best friend “, I used to write his name. Today I think why I wrote his name, when we were not in contact ( though our parents were and that time hardly any home has got the telephone and internet was not possible ) . After many year we again met in Pune and within no time I decided to stay together with him because I wanted to give chance to myself to strengthen the relations as I also believe the unless you work-out on something it will not go further.


Now when I am writing this let me state my friendship from my schooling. Here is a friend, and I should quote that thought process is different but again with time I found that we were in contact till date. He was away from the country for years and yet we were in contact. And I do not have any answer to this as why? Other guy….went to other city and let me tell he was not in contact with me often and today also we were not in touch but again I pray for his well-being from bottom of my heart. 


I have few other friends from school who are in contact not so often but when we meet we are on our own. May be because with time we have accepted all of us with our positives and negatives. May be we have become so predictive to each other that even an unusual behavior does not affect the other.


I have not seen anything so beautiful as a friendship. You can say anything to your friends without any hesitation; you share such important things and make yourself tension free. They are the stress busters.


Sometimes, you find yourself so connected to someone that every thought is a telepathy, you just need not to explain yourself and things become so uncomplicated in your life. You do find someone like this in life. Never let them go.


Whatever examples I have quoted above are indeed my good friends but there are few other I my life who are as important and I want to stay connected to them. May be I should thank to social networking sites , that help to know their well-being. And not to thank service providers to keep the calling rates so low ;)


I think we should not ponder about the reasons behind any friendship with someone, just live the life without hurting someone’s emotions and respect each other's individuality. I believe that even if you are not the part of their happiness, try to be with them in their needs .I pray to God to give me every chance to be with them (or help them ) when my friends are in trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment