2015 happens to be the best year of my life. Trust me, I said the same for 2014! 2014 gave me my daughter Ridhiema. It had to be the best one. But 2015 gave me the lessons that I would give to Ridhiema. 2015 gave me experiences that I would cherish all my life. 2015 made me wiser, saner and calmer.
On 31st December 2015, like many of us, I was also introspecting the year gone by. It started by giving up on a ten year old job because my honesty and integrity was questioned. I became a Stay At Home Mother(SAHM)- a concept that was alien to me. I started valuing my time and worth more after I became at SAHM. It was not as easy as it is sounding, like reading the last two lines. But the whole experience of valuing time- mine and my child's- became the biggest advantage of being a SAHM.
I noticed changes in people's behaviour towards me after I quit my job. Not for once, I questioned my decision. But what puzzled me was the change in people's perception towards the same individual. It took me some time to understand and come to terms with the fact that I was not fired from my job. I quit it myself. For reasons that mattered to me. And once I came to terms with this reality, life was a lot easy.
I lost on important relationships. That too without closure or answers. But as the year ended, I learnt another lesson- even if I am gifted a box full of darkness, I must thank the giver. For without darkness, there is no value of light. Relationships that defy understanding, concern and respect do not need a closure or answer.
I saw many firsts this year. Ridhiema's first birthday, her first step, her first word, her first dance, her first attempt to eat all by herself. I saw all this and more. Sometimes in a fraction of second. Sometimes after persistent efforts. But all in all, for a new mother (not that new anymore, I know!), I learnt that life moves on. Sometimes it changes in a flash. And sometimes you need to see your child's outgrown clothes to see how much life has changed.
Advice- that's one word that comes free in this world. But like any other strong medicine, it offers relief (sometimes), it also offers some side-effect. 2015 made me wiser in terms of choosing people when it comes to advice. Because sometimes the side-effect is more dangerous than the relief!!
I also learnt that humor is the best stress buster. After music. And food. And dance. And long walk. And rain. See, I gave you advice on the stress buster! ;)
All in all, 2015 has been my favorite year (till now). I gave a beautiful goodbye to 2015 and now I look forward to 2016 with an open positive and happy heart.
Much love to everyone :))
© Written by Garima Mahajan

It's like you quit your job and they are calling to shut down NDTV already. Great going!
ReplyDeleteNice read by the way.