When I was in my early twenties, life was really carefree. I had friends, and boyfriend, and a job, and a loving family. I had friends and cousins getting married and having babies. Though it was a sweet thing to see, having my own baby was not still on the agenda. I was not confident holding a baby, forget raising one!
So when I had my own last year, the scepticism of holding and raising 'her' faded as if it was never there. I never imagined how much having a child would change my life and perspective towards people and things. I have quit my job of ten years and I am taking care of 'her' fulltime. Well, leaving job was mainly because of personal reasons (that I leave for another post). Anyhow, regardless of many ups and downs and still not near stability, last one year has been very satisfying when I look at 'her'.
© Written by Garima Mahajan
Being a mom, a good mom (I dread as I write this), takes a lot of hard work. Any fertile girl/woman of child bearing age has a chance of bringing a baby into this world. But motherhood is difficult. It is the most difficult task I have ever tried in my life. There are days when I whine, snap, complain and crib about a lot of things and even need a shoulder to cry on, but in the end, when I look at 'her', it is all just worth it :)
PS: We call 'her' Ridhiema
© Written by Garima Mahajan
No comments:
Post a Comment