Sunday, March 15, 2015

Subtractions from life


Life sometimes do act funny. Everytime you feel have reached at a stability juncture, life surprises you.

After Ridhiema was born, there were a lot of changes happened in my life. I took a long time to adjust to it. I was on a six month maternity leave and in those six months, I had prepared myself for the challenges that I would be facing as a working mother. Before joining back, I was physically, mentally, socially and emotionally prepared for the life ahead. And banggggg... Life is not what you plan. Ridhiema was a trained child. Not anymore, after I joined back office. She threw tantrums in eating, sleeping, bathing, being
with grandparents, baby sitters, neighbours etc. Everyday, I rushed from office to home thinking the child would be in distress.

I guess all parents, specially the new ones, go through this turmoil. It took some time but slowly she started getting adjusted to her mother away from her for some time. Things had started getting better and it looked like the worst is over.

Then came another banggggggg. This time the surprise was a professional one. The company where I served for a decade started having doubts over my seriousness towards work. Wonder why don't we have good working attitude towards working mothers. Somehow the matter got escalated and I decided to put in my papers. It was an emotional disturbing moment. But I felt better after calling it quit at a place where I was doubted over my integrity and seriousness towards my work.

I deleted myself from that place. I decided to give this time to my family and have got back to writing, something that I truly enjoy. Something that was left somewhere in the daily mundane activities of life. Hopefully, I would be able to channelise myself better now :))

© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment