Wednesday, April 11, 2012

CROSSROADS

I know this is not that serious but I do believe in certain 'totkas', which my friends call superstition. One of these totkas is whether to take left or right turn from a major traffic intersection while going to office. This is the story of how I developed my 'totka'.



Running errands like most mornings, I was certain that I would get late for work. Just before reaching one of the biggest intersections in Delhi, I asked myself- which way: right or left? Both will lead me to office. Left is free turn but is congested. Right would have too many traffic signals on the way. Which one- one part of me was asking the alter one.

Rationally speaking, both the routes were the same distance apart. So the distance factor did not matter really. I slowed down the car and told myself- 'If the signal is green, go right. Else, left. I got back to my normal speed. As luck had it, the signal was red. I smiled, looked right and true to my promise (to myself), I turned left. And despite running late, I managed to reach on time. And thus came this 'totka'.

Now everyday, the traffic signal tells me which way to go- left or right. Superstition, I know but sometimes I let the Universe decide the right way for me.


The connotation of reaching office could be any 'crossroad' situation of life. The traffic light could be the Universe giving answers. May be! After all, life is really all a matter of choices :)


© Written by Garima Mahajan

No comments:

Post a Comment